Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Michael's Wedding

One of my best friends from high school got married this weekend and my sister Emily was a trooper and drove all the way to Vegas with me! David had to finish a project and couldn't come so it was just me, Emily, & Savannah. We left at 4:30 on Saturday morning so I could be at his sealing at noon and then drove to my grandparents house in Cedar City after their reception (which took forever because we forgot the fact that it takes much longer to get down the strip at 11pm on a Saturday night). Emily was driving and she was sooo mad at all the drunk people who wouldn't get out of the street. Savannah slept most of the way both ways which was great except that by the time we got to my grandparents Savannah was all rested and ready to play. I had been up for almost 24 hours and I was so mad! Emily was laughing at me all day the next day because she said she would wake up to me quietly yelling things like "this is not a choice Savannah, you have to go to sleep!" and "stop banging grandma's cupboards, its 4am!" So it was a whirlwind, not at all relaxing trip but I was so glad I got to be at Michael's wedding (when I got married he came to our sealing all by himself). Plus his wife Britt is such a cutie:) Their reception was really nice and I kept laughing at Emily (who hates being the center of attention) because she kept saying "when I get married will everyone look at me?!" and when I told her yes she just said "oh that is not going to be a fun day..." I bet she will change her mind.

waiting for Michael and Britt to come out...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some friends from my parents ward in California took us to lunch at Panda Express and let Savannah take a nap in their hotel room so thanks to the Demasters for being so sweet! Here is Savannah running laps around panda express. I stripped her down to a onesie because she was definately not used to the heat!
Photobucket

getting ready in the hotel bathroom - I was trying to keep Savannah distracted from playing with all the toilet paper while I combed our sweaty hair!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

me & michael (as you can see, I apprently got very sunburned!)
Photobucket

As you can see I didn't bring my nice camera because I didn't want to worry about it but it sure shows in the pictures!

1 comment:

Beck said...

How fun! Your BF married a gorgeous bride. Im glad you got to go down for that. Looks like you had a great time.