Wednesday, July 22, 2009

5K Through the Lavender

On July 11th my sister Emily, my neice Brianna and I did the 5K through the lavender in Mona. I'll tell you my time when I run one with a time I'm proud of but I ran the whole thing which is what I was going for so I was happy. We only got pictures of Brianna finishing because the camera was in the car so Emily had to finish to unlock the car:)

Brianna crossing the finish line
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Emily & Brianna with their swag bags. Brianna was laughing at me for being unreasonably excited about these:) She was right they were kind of crappy but I was still excited about the free stuff...I think its a symptom of couponing:)
Photobucket

Note to self: no close ups after running!
Photobucket

They had a pick-your-own lavender bouquet thing and I'm so mad because I came home and set mine on the counter and forgot about it for three days so it promptly died:(
Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm definatley getting some different shorts! I didn't realize how "12-year-old-boy" I look in these!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

I am so proud of you guys!!!! what a fun run to start off with! congrats on finishing and heres to many many more runs! next summer you guys are going to have to come and run all our races with us! it is such a blast!

Aaron and Jaquelyn said...

That looks like such a fun run! I wish I could have done it with you guys. I am not even able to run a full mile without having to walk a little, sad huh? Good job guys! xoxo

Beck said...

haha to the "12 year old boy" comment. You are too funny! Yet so not true. Your gorgeous girl! That race looks beautiful. Way to go.

Brook said...

Wow! I'd love to go jogging through the lavender!

I need your email address so I can send you an invite to our blog - we made it private.

My email is gookroper[at]gmail