Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

This is pretty much how we've spent the past 2 weeks!

Photobucket

This year David had a lot of vacation time saved up and he had to either use it or lose it so it's been fun to have him home with us for the past 2 weeks. Some of my favorite things about this vacation-at-home were:

-after our niece Alli's blessing, we came home and took a 4 hour nap together - all three of us! Savannah was between us in our bed and she would wake up, see us sleeping and close her eyes like us until she fell asleep again! It was great! (and really unusual!)

-we ate a lot of junk like cookies, taco bell, pizza, chinese food, and coke:)

-we slept in really late a few days!

-we went to Zoo Lights at Hogle Zoo to see my sister in law Aubree sing and Savannah loved watching her sing - it was so cute! She also really liked all the lights.

-we spent Christmas day with David's parents and our little nieces loved it when David would hold Savannah and chase them around with her.

-I got to hold my new niece Alli and new nephew Ezra multiple times:)

-I was all caught up on my picture orders (I'm not anymore!)

-Savannah learned how to walk about 10 steps by herself between David and I. All she wants to do is walk all the time. (I didn't even have a chance to say that she started crawling all over about 3 weeks ago - she's decided she doesn't really like that stage and she'd rather just walk already). It's cute because she is like Dumbo with his magic feather - she will walk all over if you just hold onto one of her fingers and then she'll take about 10 steps by herself when you let go, then she'll realize you let go and dive toward your hands again.

-We went out to dinner with our friends Les and Valerie on New Year's Eve. We went to P.F. Changs for chinese food. It was one of my favorite things because we had fun with Les and Valerie but I have to say I'm really unimpressed with that restaurant. Everyone always raves about how good it is and even though I did like their famous lettuce wraps I'd still rather go to Outback any day! And our waitress was the rudest I've ever had anywhere! But anyway, I'm really happy our family is doing well and I think this will be a good year!

7 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

What a GREAT christmas break! So you ended up going to the zoo lights? how was it? i wish we could have but we just didnt have the time.

Crystal said...

Go to Shoots instead! It's lots cheaper and way tastier. In fact, you should come with US because it's my favorite restaurant and I go whenever I get the chance! :)

HalfBatty said...

That waitress was way rude. I agree about the whole Outback thing. I would rather have it anyday. In fact Les has a gift card for Outback that he got for his birthday, so next time we should go there.

HalfBatty said...

Happy birthday today!

Matt said...

This is Debbie, not Matt. Happy 24th!

Unknown said...

thank you Debbie and Valerie!

Beck said...

You are so cute and supportive of all the family. You are definately an example to me. I always love the pictures you post. They are amazing. Even when its just a kick back day hanging out at home. You make it look like it should be in a magazine.