Friday, January 2, 2009

Savannah's First Christmas

We were here at home for Christmas this year (this was the first Christmas ever I haven't been with my whole family). It was actually a lot of fun because we were able to just sit at home without the stress of traveling somewhere. Like most kids Savannah's age, she was mostly into the wrapping paper...

Photobucket

she also thought it tasted great...

Photobucket

But after awhile she got the hang of ripping off paper while David held her presents for her.

Photobucket

And even though she didn't seem to care about most of the stuff she got she did love her new shoes!

Photobucket

She liked her stocking too. Her Great-grandma Childs made it for her. She made me one too so here we are with our matching stockings (even though I look like I'm 12 years old!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here she is with her Dad.

Photobucket

This is her new walker (which we gave her several weeks ago for my sake!)

Photobucket

She also loved her new glowworm doll (it plays lullabies). Here she is dancing to it!

Photobucket

This is her with her presents...by this time all she cared about was the jerky she is chewing on!

Photobucket

Here is my present from David...it may not look like much but I have been wanting this flash for over a year so I had a great Christmas! (I also got a faster card reader which saves tons of time when I'm transfering pictures!) David isn't a huge romantic but I'll take this kind of present over jewlery any day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wanted to take a picture of David in the new clothes I bought for him but he said no:) He pretty much always gets clothes from me because he hates buying clothes! Case in point: the other day he was wearing a shirt that was his oldest brother Daniel's when he was 15! He says its still perfectly good! I also got him some new hats because the one he's been wearing for the last five years is definately past its prime:)

1 comment:

Matt and Debbie said...

Ha! Men are so funny!! After we got married, I gave Matt a box and had him put his "nasty" clothes in, the ones that don't even look like there's enough thread left to use a rag, and the 'lucky' high school football practice shirt that's never been washed (for all 4 years!). I can't buy him clothes as a present anymore, because he says its a horrible present, so he gets clothes like he gets toilet paper, you just find a new roll or shirt in the closet. And for Savannah's pretty face, I sure hope that scare cream works!