Friday, September 19, 2008

Books and Thoughts

My whole family loves to read but my sister Emily is especially excited about a new book all the time! This is the lastest book she recommended to me and I am almost finished with it. (I am a really fast reader but I have to say my pace is significantly slower with Savannah trying to eat all my pages!) It is Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and I would recommend it to anyone. Whatever your feelings are about Christianity or religion in general, this book will make you think about what you really believe. I think it is really intersting because he writes as a former atheist who has since converted to Christianity. Not all of his beliefs are the same as mine but it made me respect anyone who really thinks about and draws their own conclusions about why they believe what they do. I like to read different things all the time because it helps me get new perspectives that are different than my own take-care-of-a-baby-all-day perspective (which I actually love!) I have started reading to Savannah (despite her page-eating) because my mom reading to me is one of my favorite memories and a big reason why I like it so much. In fact one of my earliest memories is being really jealous when my sister
Emily was born because my mom said she could only read me three books now that she had to take care of Emily too! ha

4 comments:

Beck said...

Savannah is so freakin beautiful! I love all your pictures you take of her. Oh the life of a mother photographer! :)

I really hope you will want to hand down all of her cute tights/legging down to Alli. I promise I will take good care of them...haha!

Shannon P. said...

Hi Heidi my name is Shannon and your dad is my parents home teacher. He is such a great guy and my parents really like him. He gave my dad your blog and of course since I love to blog dad passed it on to me. What a beautiful baby girl you have. We live in Payson and like it here.

Matt and Debbie said...

I was wondering where you get your pictures developed? Particular store? Website? I haven't developed anything since we moved out here, and I just used to use the drugstore in SD

Anonymous said...

Hey you! :) I tagged you on my blog! Check it out!